I made my first purchase of hair from Andrea in 2015. I colored and installed those bundles multiple times. When I decided to get a wig made from her...
Read More ->
I love my hair. It's very good quality,no shedding its everything I wanted it to be. I will definitely buy it again.
Read More ->
YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING TO MAINTAIN YOUR VIRGIN HAIR:
1. Loop paddled brush- this brush is not an ordinary wig brush. The bristles have loops so that the hair doesn't shed during brushing. It’s not as harsh as the typical wig brush, which causes a lot of shedding. When untangling your virgin hair, always make sure you start from THE BOTTOM and work your way to the top using your loop paddled brush. This will make the hair even more unlikely to shed. If your hair is tangling it is usually due to dryness or product build up. If all of your hair is dry, then try another conditioner and use different hair products to keep your hair moisturized. Every product works differently on one single bundle of hair as each bundle is from a different donor. If one or more of your bundles is tangling, deep condition or use a mask and leave on for at least an hour. If your hair does not respond well to deep conditioning you will need to try other products that agree with your hair. You may have a bundle of hair that is different. This does not mean your hair is bad, just that you have to find a product that works well with this particular hair. For buildup wash and recondition your hair as normal. Remember to untangle virgin hair using your LOOP PADDLED BRUSH before getting the virgin hair wet. DO NOT USE EXTREMELY HOT WATER ON YOUR VIRGIN HAIR, this could damage the hair. Luke warm to cool water is needed to shampoo and condition the hair. If you purchased wavy textured hair, its best to let it air dry so that it can wave up to your desire.
2. Herbal Essences "Hello Hydration" shampoo and conditioner. It is in a Blue Bottle. I find this shampoo very moisturizing yet gentle on the virgin hair. The key word is MOISTURIZING. During washing if your virgin hair is installed, only wash while you are in the shower with your BACK FACING THE WATER so that hair is getting wet going in a downward motion. Do not rub while washing instead; use the "squeeze method". Only directly scrub the SCALP as much as possible. Wash your virgin hair at least once a week. Also, while washing your virgin hair, I recommend condition the virgin hair as the first step, second step shampoo, and then last step CONDITION again. Conditioning the hair as the first step is to prevent tangling during shampooing, and the last step to retain good moisture.
3. To relieve itching you can use Sea Breeze on the scalp only. Using a spray bottle or applicator bottle. Co-washing your hair afterwards works or you can let your hair air dry. Apple Cider also relives an itchy scalp. You can apply before or during conditioning your hair. You can also apply with a spray bottle or applicator bottle.
4. Also while hair is wet we recommend to use the Organix Moroccan oil to lock in moisture then added a little more when the hair is completely dry and every 4 to 5 days afterwards to keep hair moisturized.
5. It is very important not to use access heat on the hair as it will dry out and damage the hair, but if you do decide to use heat make sure to use a heat protector on the hair. Also you may want to have your ends trimmed if you plan to do a lot of heat styling. To obtain curls flexi rods work great. We get ours from Sally’s Beauty Supply. If your hair becomes heat damaged, it will lose its natural cur/ wave pattern, and/ or have many damaged dry or brittle ends, which shortens the life of your hair. Heat damage is permanent. It cannot be reversed. Coarser hair is more susceptible to heat damage and dryness.
6. Virgin hair (especially curly hair) is very high maintenance. You must maintain your hair’s moisture and cleanliness by taking the time to find a good regimen. Curly hair is definitely for advanced-intermediate Virgin hair wearers and extremely different than caring for hair from your local beauty supply store.